Pain management specialist Dr. Yusuf Mosuro knows that diet and exercise are key to a healthy life, but most people focus on exercise more than diet. A well balanced diet is very important, and there are some extra benefits from it. Dr. Yusuf Mosuro recommends eating these five things daily to keep your body in top shape.
- Green Beans – High-fiber foods like green beans help prevent weight gain and sometimes promote weight loss. Boosting fiber by 8 grams for every 1,000 calories can result in weight loss. Other high fiber options include raspberries, chickpeas, and strawberries.
- Salmon – The omega-3 fatty acids are great for your skin, particularly guarding it against UV damage. Dr. Yusuf Mosuro suggests adding just 5 oz of this type of fish each week can decrease precancerous skin lesions.
- Berries – A cup of mixed berries a day has been known to increase good cholesterol and lower blood pressure, both great things for heart health according to Dr. Yusuf Mosuro. A mix of berries is key, so enjoy raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries!
- Watermelon – Foods that are full of water help keep you satisfied, way more than drinking water with your meal. Watermelon is also a great source of Vitamin C and when it is red, it has the antioxidant lycopene. Other water-filled options are cucumbers, salad greens, and strawberries.
- Tomatoes – Vitamin C rich foods are a great way to support your skin. Foods like oranges, tomatoes, strawberries, and broccoli are great options for maintaining youthful skin and protect against UV rays. These foods can also help reduce wrinkles and dry skin.
Dr. Yusuf Mosuro encourages you to listen to your body, and drink enough water every day.
Dr. Yusuf Mosuro encourages a healthy, well balanced diet for everyone. Adding in these extras can provide benefits beyond a trim waistline and healthy life.